Here's the cover. It's based loosely on a photo I (or my mom took, they're interchangeable) took when we went to Florida last April. See photo at bottom of this post. I added the splatters at the end...it just looked too...clean.
Here's the binding. The pages are all single sheets (I added a small folded piece around the edge of each sheet to strengthen the pages.) I love this single sheet binding. No idea what it's official name is. I also bound my December Daily with this method. For this book, I used baker's twine (basically cotton 3 stranded string).
Interior pages. They all have the calendar artwork on the left and a blank page on the right. I sewed around each page. I used a glue stick, since I had so many, but I do not trust that it will hold for long, hence the sewing...plus it's just cool. And, I got a new sewing machine, since I killed my baby Janome... 4 layers of thin fabric (what it was rated for) or 4 layers of paper including chipboard... whatever (as LAD would say). I went back to Singer...we'll see how long it holds up to the rigors of my book making...
Outside back cover, also covered with canvas and painted.
I added a coat of gloss gel medium to the covers. It gives it a shiny look and made the colors a little richer...
However, it bowed my cover, but it will flatten out, eventually.
Oh, beach, I hope to see you again soon. But until then, I'll stare at my book and think warm thoughts.