Scroll down for part 1...
Backing up a step, the playground came home on Saturday night, the big Lloyds went to work Sunday morning for a while. In the mean time, LAD and I went outside to start opening boxes! Just like Christmas!
The two boxes on the left each weighed nearly 200 lbs, Yikes. First off, I started reading the directions and LAUGHED OUT LOUD when I read the part about "assembly will take at least 16 hours", "at least 2 people required for assembly". Holy crap, if Lloyd had only read that before shucking out his bucks poor LAD would probably still be swinging on the clothesline pole!
Anyway, I started laying out all the boards and organizing them into piles of the same pieces, etc and counting to be sure all were there. It actually took LAD about 45 minutes to realize I was doing something interesting then the project became that much more difficult! HA!
But we got it all laid out and amazingly enough, all the pieces appeared to be there. Note: I did not open the hardware bag; I was NOT going to count nuts and bolts and screws, especially with little curious fingers in the area. I figured if we short a nut or two we could surely find something else in the miriad of tool boxes in our home.
Finally about noon the big Lloyds showed up and we broke out the Makitas and all the batteries and dove in. I have to say the instructions were very confusing as we went, until we got the framework up, but looking back at them now, they seem very clear. Note to self: study the directions/diagrams again and again before starting. And they appear to have been actually written in English and not translated 5 times.
Uh, this isn't looking too promising yet...