Sunday, February 8, 2009

Piano hinge binding

This past weekend at the Memory Bound crop I ran into my friend Robin and she had seen this amazing creation and wondered if I had ever done a piano hinge book. I have and this is the book I have that taught me how, by Design Originals.

Here is a small piano hinge book I did, it's been probably at least a year or so ago that I did it. It's not very big, 4.25 5.5.

I think I intended it as a garden journal type book, but I never got that far with it!
I used bamboo skewers. It's actually relaxed over time, I think I bound the string at the top and bottom a little tight and it used to stay sproinged open, but today it is sitting very nicely, non-sproinged!

3 comments:

Cheri said...

Looks cool! I'm off to check out the links you provided...

Ma said...

So, how do you do that piano hinge?

Fonda said...

well it's a secret of course! I could teach a class and you could come take it.