Thursday, September 18, 2008

Make It & Taste It

Whoo-Hooo! I am so excited! I am teaching 2 new classes at Memory Bound, our local scrapbook store in Ankeny. Dawn, one of the owners had a great idea for a class where everyone brings a recipe to share with the group, then also makes it to share with everyone. Then we have a mini crop and make pages to hold all the recipes to fit into the album. She mentioned it to me at one of our Design Team meets, and I loved the idea too so we decided to go for it for the fourth quarter! Below is the album (American Crafts, 8.5x11) I designed and the first divider page and a couple pages to hold the recipes. Our first class is in October, we are starting with Eggs and Breakfast. I'm so excited!!!

Isn't this floral BoBunny paper the prettiest stuff ever! I love the colors in it!

Photos are completely optional for the class. LAD loves to help me with cooking so I have some great shots of him. Plus he has this totally cool Chef's hat and Apron, thanks Aunt Suzie! This also showed an alternative way of having hidden photos or journaling and using a page protector, and then cutting the page protector to allow the viewer to see the hidden treasures!


These pages use the Flair paper. These recipe cards are as old as dirt. I think I picked them up at a bazzare or something many many moons ago and they work perfectly!

Patterned papers: Flair and BoBunny, Bazzill cardstock, ribbon, bakers twine, tab punch.

If you live in the area, come join us for some fabulous food and creativeness!!!

The other class I'm teaching is a Christmas Card class, in November. I'll post those samples soon.

4 comments:

Ma said...

Fancy stuff for recipes, huh? Too bad I'm not fond of cooking. I do have a cookbook. Somewhere.
Carry on, it's pretty stuff! I like the lift-up with the hidden photos.

Anonymous said...

I wish I was close enough to come How cute is that. We made the album and it sure turned out cute. I love scrapbook workshops. Jan

Janet said...

Fonda, it turned out great! I've been anxious to see this! You are going to have a super time teaching and everyone will love the project! :-)

Cheri said...

I was so excited for you when I saw your classes listed in the newsletter! The project looks great:)